Making my way through the Drawing text recipe from the Processing 2 Creative programming cookbook source code on GitHub.
In this recipe I learned how to declare PFont objects for the fonts to be used in the Sketch and set the second parameter of the textFont function to determine the size of the text. For example, textFont (junction, 18). I also learned how to use:
- loadFont function to load the fonts into the PFont object
- draw function to draw lines of text
- text function to draw text to screen
- textAlign function to align the text to the coordinates used in the text function. For example, LEFT, CENTER or RIGHT.
- textWidth to return the width of a text block in pixels. In this Sketch, the width was the string of text “Nulla blandit ut magna”.
- textLeading to set the leading of three different text blocks.
Another thing I learned from this recipe was how to use Create font tool that’s part of Processing to convert each font from its original format to a bitmap format used by Processing.