After a few too many iterations, I finally settled on and submitted my 2023 myPlan – it’s my organisation’s annual requirement for staff to articulate their goals and outputs for the year. It’s easy to consider this as a token tick and flick activity, but given the new structure, team set up and project deliverables a new master plan is what was need – something fitting that enables collaborative and productive outputs that align to the strategic vision.
Goal #1: Enhance the educator experience
Initiate new and embellish existing products, services and activities that enhance the educator experience with the whole of Monash Learning Teaching offerings.
- Lead the design, development and delivery of educator-first experiences with Monash Learning and Teaching offerings.
- Cultivate efficient, effective and productive professional relationships with Monash Learning Teaching colleagues.
- Identify, explore and initiate new products, services and activities that showcase and support teaching and learning excellence at Monash.
- Lead the design, development, and delivery of products, services and activities that showcase and support teaching and learning excellence at Monash.
- Identify and explore opportunities to integrate and optimise existing offerings.
- Completed documentation that maps the educator experience with Monash Learning and Teaching offerings.
- Completed products, services and activities that showcase and support teaching and learning excellence at Monash.
- An efficient, effective, perceivable and reproducible production process that enables the project team.
Goal #2: Lead the multimedia team
Lead multimedia team and personnel in production of still and time-based multimedia content.
- Lead the design of efficient and effective workflows and production practices that empowers personnel.
- Lead the identification, exploration, and implementation of production processes that improve productivity and output, as needed.
- Actively cultivate and promote a responsive, yet calm production environment.
- Provide effective leadership of multimedia officers to guide production of content for the Elevate project, Teach HQ and other Learning and Teaching strategic projects.
- Completed high quality still and time-based multimedia content.
- An efficient, effective, perceivable and reproducible workflows and production process that enables the project team and personnel.
Goal #3: Communicate the offering
Plan and implement the strategic use of Teach HQ as a communication tool and vessel for highlighting Portfolio teaching and learning initiatives.
- Lead the development of a framework, including communication checklist in which new and updated technologies are embedded in a system of support and promotion to increase adoption among staff.
- Co-lead the review and development of essential guides that support application enhancements, version upgrades and new technology implementations, and more.
- Promote the use of Teach HQ across the faculties through new communication/promotion lines such as a “What’s new” page and Monash Workplace (Facebook), and more.
- Analyse Teach HQ page and search analytics to evaluate and inform changes of design, placement, and content.
- Oversee the expansion of Be Inspired and integration across Teach HQ.
- Support project team (writers, builders and multimedia team) and stakeholders throughout the production process.
- Use project management tools to monitor and manage task completion and resource allocation.
- Completed framework and checklists.
- Completed reviews and revised guides.
- Increased Teach HQ page views.
- Increased awareness of Teach HQ and number of users.
- Increased number of Be inspired exemplars, while ensuring a diverse range of categories and contributions from across the university.